Head of Internal Audit
- Location: Jacksonville, Florida
- Job #: 3291
- Job Type: Permanent
- Category: Audit, Risk and Compliance
ICX Group is recruiting for a Head of Internal Audit. Our Client is growing at a fast pace and they are ready to take the Internal Audit function to the next level. This is a key position for the Executive team and they are ready to bring in a candidate that can lay the foundation for a growing Internal audit team.
- Excellent visibility to executive management and the audit committee
- Lead a team focused on operational, financial and IT Audits
- Put your footprint on the control structure of the company
- Identify, coordinate, and execute audit department initiatives to improve quality, effectiveness, and efficiency of the audit function Help design and execute the control environment and structure.
- Ability to communicate with diverse personalities in a tactful, mature, and flexible manner
- Manage direct reports and lead the Internal Audit function.
- Assist in the execution of periodic risk assessments to define quarterly audit plans.
- Address and communicate areas of concern or uncertainty to ensure a high-quality, value-added, accurate result.
- Establish role as a valued business partner to assigned area of focus
- Direct engagement level and strategic initiatives to fit the needs of stakeholders.
- Direct the successful tactical execution of the audit process ensuring adherence to all required quality standards.
- Manages audit teams to provide detailed and necessary support to internal audit clients.
- Keep abreast of audit best practices and is proactive in identifying and communicating how they may be applied in practice.
- Identifies opportunities to increase efficiencies and reduce costs while maintaining quality service to both internal and external customers
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance, or equivalent degree
- 12+ years experience required
- CPA, CIA, CISA, or CFE (at least one required)
- Experience leading SOX 404 projects